Vintage Mushroom Melt
Watching that firm and flaky cheese slowly melt between 2 slices of savory pumpernickel bread smothered in earthy mushrooms will surely get your mouth watering!
4 oz. Vintage 5 year gouda, shredded
4 oz. Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
1 ½ lbs. mushrooms sliced (cremini mushrooms work well)
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
8 slices of pumpernickel bread
1) Combine grated cheeses in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
2) Slice mushrooms and sauté in butter over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Toast 8 slices of pumpernickel bread.
4) Spoon mushrooms onto 4 slices of bread. Top with cheese mixture.
5) Add second piece of toasted bread to each sandwich and place in 365 °F oven until cheese melts.