“Best Holiday Cheese Pick” by Whole Foods
Whole Foods Market lets out their best party secret yet!
Everyone can agree that the host has a lot of planning and entertaining to do when it comes to having a party. Whole Foods has released a stylish and delicious way to take entertaining to the next level by serving CHEESE! Picking, pairing, and presenting delicious cheeses for your cheese board is easier than you might think. Follow these simple tips and tricks:
- Look for contrasting texture – soft across from firm, creamy across from crumbly and create a palette of contrasting flavors – sweet to pungent, sharp to mellow. This allows for a wide range of experiences for your guests.
- Think about 2 ounces of cheese per person to cut a sufficient amount.
- People eat with their eyes as well as their mouths — use a rustic butcherboard or slab of natural stone for an appealing, dramatic presentation.
- Be sure to let your cheeses sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes before serving. This brings out those lovely nuances of flavor and aroma.
- Give your cheeses room to settle and breathe—you don’t want to crowd them on the dish.
- Have a range of textures in your pairing choices to create a feeling of diversity on your cheese board. Fresh baguette medallions, crunchy water crackers and crostinis are a few examples.
- Jam-style fruit spreads, olives, nuts, veggies marinated in balsamic vinegar, slices of tart apple or sweet pear, chutney and honey all make wonderful pairings.
Melkbus Truffle was one of the best cheese picks being firm, rich with flavors of Italian truffles and cream . You can always add some dry sparkling wine to make the cheeseboard one your guests won’t forget.
Read full article here: